14th SHANKARRAO KANITKAR NATIONAL MOOT COURT COMPETITION
14th Shankarrao Kanitkar National Level Moot Court Competition 2019-20
- Date: January 10th and 11th January 2020
- Venue: Modern Law College, Ganeshkhind, Pashan Road, Pune, 16.
- Language: The written and oral submissions shall be in English only
- Eligibility: Regular bonafide students of recognized Law Colleges/Institutes/University
*(Only students from amongst the under graduate five year integrated L.L.B. degree and three year Degree law programmes)
- Dress Code: As per the rules of Bar Council of India (Gowns and Bands Not Allowed)
- Team Composition: The team should consist of Two Speakers and one Researcher. Total Three Participants only.
- Registration: The teams must register on or before 14th December 2019. Registration Fees: Rs. 1500/- per team. The registration fee can be paid through Demand Draft, drawn in favour of Principal, Modern Law College, payable at Pune or by Online Mode (NEFT Only)
- Mode of payment- ONLINE
Beneficiary name- Principal, Modern Law College
Name of the Bank- IDBI Bank
Name of the branch- Aundh branch, Pune
Account type- Savings Account
Account no- 062104000055550
IFSC/ RTGS code- IBKL0000062
MICR code- 411259003
- Kindly mention your transaction details on Registration form and attach the Receipt of Transaction with the Registration Form
- Students must arrange for accommodation on their own. Pune, being a metropolitan city, ample amount of hotel/accommodation and travelling facilities are available in the city. If required and requested, College may provide assistance for accommodation.
- Bench: Two judge for preliminary round and semi – final round and of three judges for final round.
- Four copies of each side (Petitioner and Respondent), spiral bound memorials.
- The cover page of the Memorial must follow colour scheme i.e. Blue for petitioner/ appellant and red for respondent
- Typed on A4 size paper with one side printing not exceeding 20 pages, font size 12 (Times New Roman) line spacing of 1.5.
- Contents of cover page-
- Name of the college
- Name of the University
- Name of the participants
- The memorial must contain:
- Title Page
- Table of Contents,
- Statement of Jurisdiction,
- Statement of Facts,
- Statement of Issues,
- Statement of Arguments
- Prayer Clause and Bibliography
- Memorials not in prescribed format shall be rejected.
- Memorials will not be returned to the participants.
- Conduct of Moot Court
- In the preliminary rounds, each team (both speakers) shall compulsorily present oral arguments for the side allotted to them (either Petitioner or Respondent)
- Teams will be given codes in alphabetical order (according to name of college)
- In the preliminary round each team will be allotted 20 minutes (16 minutes for arguments and 4 minutes for rebuttal and answering questions asked by judges. The rebuttal cannot be claimed as a matter of right).
- The final round will comprise of the top four teams of preliminary rounds.
- The proceedings of the Moot Court Sessions may be video recorded. All rights in this regard shall be reserved with Modern Law College.
- Host team shall not be considered for the Prizes even if they participate.
- The Competition starts at 10.00 a.m. The teams are to report latest by 9.00 a.m. on 10th January 2020.
- Lots shall be drawn for the final round. Team shall (Speaker 1 and 2) present the side allotted to them through draw of lots.
- Each team shall be allotted only 30 minutes to argue in the semi- finals and finals. Exceeding time limit will result in loss of marks. Utilization of time amongst team members is discretion of team
- Schedule of the event
|10 January 2020||Inauguration|
|11 January 2020||Semi- final, Final and|
Written Submission/ Memorial 20 Marks
Substance in Argument 30 Marks
Advocacy Skills 30 Marks
Questions from the Bench 10 Marks
Time Adherence 10 Marks
Total 100 Marks
- The decision of the judges shall be final, and no disputes shall be entertained in this regard. Personal Interaction with judges is strictly prohibited.
- In case of a tie, memorial marks will be considered to determine the winner.
- The Organizers reserve the right to take appropriate action for any unethical, unprofessional and immoral conduct.
- The Organizers decision as regards the interpretation of rules, situation which is not contemplated in the rules or any other matter related to the competition will be final.
First Rs. 10000 /- Cash + Trophy + Certificate
Second Rs. 7000/- Cash +Trophy + Certificate
Best Speaker Rs. 5000/- Cash + Trophy + Certificate
Judge’s Special Appreciation Certificate (2)
- Dates to Remember :
- 14th December 2019- last date for registration.
- 24th December 2019- submission of online memorial (PDF format)
- 31st December 2019 Submission of Hard Copy of memorial. (Memorials should reach to us before the mentioned date. No Extension will be granted.)
- 10th and 11th January 2020- Date of competition
- For further information and notices please log on to www.modernlawcollege.org
- For any queries kindly mail us at E-mail: email@example.com
Asst. Prof. Abhijeet Dhere
Asst. Prof. Savita Bansode
Asst. Prof. Abhijeet Dhere
Asst. Prof. Savita Bansode
P.E. Society's Modern Law College, University Circle, Pashan Road, Ganeshkhind, Pune-411016.