About Our InstitutionProgressive Education Society, Pune-5 is a reputed educational institution in Maharashtra. Late Shankarrao Kanitkar along with a team of dedicated teachers established the institution in the year 1934 at Pune. Society has been making noteworthy progress for the last 85 years. The inclusion of the two words “Progressive” and “Modern” in the Society was certainly with some noble intention, which has proved to be a beacon for the Society to follow with determination. The Society under the able leadership of Prof. DR. G. R. Ekbote and collective efforts of the BC Members has made a remarkable qualitative and quantitative growth. Today the Society manages more than 60 institutions in and around Pune City.
About the CollegeModern Law College was established by the Society in the year 2003 at Ganeshkhind, Pune-16 with an object of imparting quality based legal education. The College conducts the five years Integrated Law course, three years Bachelor of Laws course and Master of Laws course along with Diploma Courses in various subjects like Diploma in Taxation Laws, Diploma in Labour Laws and Labour Welfare, Diploma in Intellectual Property Laws and Diploma in Cyber Laws. In a short span of time, our Law College has made a remarkable development, academic as well as in infrastructure. Following the tradition of Progressive Education Society, our College has witnessed many moments of pride when our students were ranked in University Examinations as well as many other sports and extracurricular activities. The college always believes in the philosophy of imparting education through social transformation. Towards this end, the college has organized various National and State Level Seminars, National Level Moot Court Competitions, and other activities for the students.
About the SeminarThe term ‘Sustainable Development’ has been on the anvil of the International community for nearly four decades. The meaning and perspective of sustainability have changed according to the changing times, however, the importance of incorporating the sustainability approach in the day-to-day working from households to Industries has never been watered down. Sustainable development is in the news every day as the world copes with climate change, biodiversity loss, conflict and resource scarcity. With the new millennium and the Sustainable Development Goals introduced by the United Nations Organisation, the importance of incorporating them in the lifestyles of persons through state action as well as individual action has increased. It is well accepted that deliberations and discussions on such subjects clarifying the status of sustainable development and the possible additions and incorporations required in the lifestyles of individuals need to be pondered upon from time to time. It is with this view that the College wishes to conduct the Multidisciplinary National Seminar involving cross-cutting issues relating to the Legal, Political, Social, Ethical and Environmental perspectives of the Sustainable Development.
Objectives of the Seminar
- To understand the various facets of Sustainable Development
- To determine the current trends in Sustainable Development Internationally
- To analyse the significance of legal, political, social, ethical and environmental perspectives in sustainable development
- To study the impact of the Sustainable Development Goals and their Incorporation in the Indian Polity.
Call for Research Articles & Paper PresentationsOriginal unpublished research papers are invited from academicians, environmentalists, practitioners, researchers, scholars and students on the abovementioned objectives and related areas on the sub-themes mentioned below:
- Sustainable Development Goals
- International Perspective
- Indian Perspective
- Political/ Social/ Ethical Perspectives
- Environmental Sustainability
- Economic Sustainability
- Water Sustainability
- Sustainability and Climate Change
- Sustainability of Forests
- Sustainability of Human Resource
The above themes are indicative, the author can send the article on any topic related to the broad theme of the Seminar. The College will publish the selected papers in form of a Conference Proceeding having ISBN number.
- Papers should be written in English. Co-authorship is not permitted.
- No part of the paper should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication.
- The abstract should contain no more than 200-250 words accompanied by a brief profile of the author indicating their name, designation, email ID, contact number and official address.
- The full paper must not exceed a maximum of 3000 words (excluding footnotes).
- The abstract and full paper must be formatted in adherence to the SILC format.
- All the abstracts and full-length papers shall be sent to the email: email@example.com
- Selected papers shall be published in a Conference Proceeding bearing ISBN number.
- Registration fees for students are Rs. 500/- and for professionals and academicians is Rs. 1000/- (on or before the last date).
- On the spot Registration Fees will be 500/- for students and 1200/- for professionals and academicians.
- The College will not provide for accommodation, however, assistance for accommodation can be provided with prior communication with the Convener.
Important Dates30/09/2019 Last date of Submission of Abstract
15/10/2019 Last date for communication of acceptance of Abstract
30/11/2019 Last date of Submission of Full Paper
16/11/2019 Last date of communication of acceptance
31/12/2019 Last Date of Registration
17/01/2010 Inauguration of Seminar
18/01/2020 Conclusion of the Seminar
Organising Committee & Contact Details
Dr Sunita Adhav,
Dr. Ananya Bibave
Asst. Prof. Akshay Ugale
Ms. Ruchira Dandekar
Ms. Aurandhati Tadkod
Mr Himanshu Shah
Contact for more details
Modern Law College
020-02568987 / 8975588777
firstname.lastname@example.org (for abstract and full paper submissions)
email@example.com (for any other seminar related queries)
firstname.lastname@example.org (for any other seminar related queries)